Fu-Yo Temple

出自 淡水維基館
於 2015年7月14日 (二) 09:43 由 Supau (對話 | 貢獻) 所做的修訂 (新頁面: {{導覽條2|景點|古蹟}} {{檔案:福佑宮20120325.jpg}} ==Introduction== Fu-Yo Temple is located at 200, Chung Cheng Road, Tamsui D...)

(差異) ←上個修訂 | 最新修訂 (差異) | 下個修訂→ (差異)
前往: 導覽搜尋
• 目前所在分類:主分類 > 淡水 > 景點 > 古蹟

Alt text


Fu-Yo Temple is located at 200, Chung Cheng Road, Tamsui District. It was said that the temple was built by the anti-Qing revolutionists from Quanzhou City, Fujian Province in 1732. The mission of the temple was to promote the spirit of solidarity through religious association. This temple, dedicated to Matsu, the name of a sea goddess, welcomed Matsu icon from Meizhou Island, and it is one of the oldest temples on Huwei Street. During Qing Dynasty, Tamsui was the important gateway for immigrants to enter Taiwan, and a goods distribution center in northern Taiwan. During 1782-1796 some funds were raised to expand the original temple. Most of the donators were from Quanzhou, Tongan, Anxi, Yongchun, and Yongding, some were Hakka people from Zhangzhou, Chaoshan or Jiaying. The temple faces south, close to Tamsui River, overlooking Mt. Guanyin. With the water in front and the mountain behind, it is considered having good feng shui. The inscriptions on the stone tablet embedded in the antetemple wall in 1796 recorded the events relevant to the construction of Wankao Tower. This tower contained a lighthouse, which was intended to guide ships into the harbour safely. This lighthouse is the oldest one in Taiwan. However the tower was destroyed during World War II. The stone inscriptions in Fu-Yo Temple was the only relic associated with the tower. by Ai-Ci Jhang

Map Information


Related Pages