Tamsui Wiki was established in September 13, 2013. With its intention to bring together all the elements of Tamsui, it records everything of Tamsui, including its history, culture, people’s lives, tourism, restaurants, scenic spots and historical sites. Wiki collaboration system has been used to integrate all the data relevant to Tamsui. It is our hope that this wiki will become a knowledge reservoir on Tamsui and an informative reference resource for the researchers.
Overview on development[編輯]
The College of Liberal Arts of Tamkang University initiated the second year project of Metro Tamsui Memory of Cultural Creative Heritage on August 1, 2013. This project consists of two sub-projects. Tamsui Wiki was originated from the sub-project, the Development and Implementation of Wiki Collaboration System for Tamsui Local Culture, chaired by Professor Xin-Cheng Lin of the Department of Information and Library Science and Professor Zong-Xian Zhou of the Department of History.
The hardware and software environments were created by the research group led by Professor Xin-Cheng Lin. The contents of Tamsui Wiki were based on the e-book “Tamsui Study Dictionary” created by the Department of Information and Library Science and the Department of History, and the documentary, “The Records of Personages of the Tamsui Area”, filmed by the Department of Chinese Literature and the Department of Mass Communication.
To share the resources, this wiki welcome users to participate.
- December 10, 2013： Professor Zong-Xian Zhou of the Department of History gave a speech on the development history of Tamsui.
- December 13, 2013：Mr. Wen-Xing Feng presented the photos of Tamsui.
- December 23, 2013：Professor Fan-Guang Huang of the Department of History gave a guided tour to ”the Yinshan Temple” and the “Warehouse of Shell in Tamsui”.
- June 6, 2014：The first expert conference of this project was held.
- June 24, 2014：The second expert conference of this project was held.
~translated by Kui-Jin Huang and Yu-Ying Wu